Sunday, April 5, 2009

BizTalk 2009 - Failed to configure EDI/AS2 Status Reporting functionalities.

In a previous post, I mentioned that BizTalk 2009 has gone RTM. On one of my dev boxes, I have been running the 2009 Beta. I wanted to run the new bits on this same machine. Trying to do an in place upgrade on Beta versions is often discouraged as it can yield unpredicatable results. With this in mind, I decided to un-install the Beta. The un-installation went well and then I knew that I would have to blow away the related BizTalk Database MDF and LDF files. I went ahead and did this prior to configuring the new RTM bits.

Everything went smoothly with configuration except for the configuration of the EDI/AS2 runtime. I ran into this error:

Failed to configure EDI/AS2 Status Reporting functionalities.

Failed to deploy BAM activity definitions. Please make sure that all BAM related Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages are removed along with the BAM databases.

Having not had a lot of exposure to the EDI/AS2 world this error message was rather foreign to me.

Like many solutions, I found what I was looking for with a google search. This seems to be a problem that many people have encountered with BizTalk 2006 R2 as there is a KB article.

I decided to take the "Method 2" route(from MSDN):

Method 2: Use the Bm.exe utility to remove the DTS packages

To resolve this problem, use the Bm.exe utility to remove the DTS packages. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

2. Use the CD command to locate the folder where the Bm.exe file is located.Note By default, the Bm.exe file is located in the following folder:
Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\Tracking

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Bm.exe remove-all -DefinitionFile:folder\AS2ReportingActivityDefs.xmlNote The folder placeholder is the folder where BizTalk Server 2006 R2 is installed.If you receive an error message that an activity could not be removed, go to step 4.

4. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Bm.exe remove-all -DefinitionFile:folder\EdiReportingActivityDefs.xmlNote The folder placeholder represents the folder where BizTalk Server 2006 R2 is installed.If you receive an error message that an activity could not be removed, go to step 5.

5. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Bm.exe remove-all -DefinitionFile:folder\EdiReportingActivityIndexes.xmlNote The folder placeholder represents the folder where BizTalk Server 2006 R2 is installed.If you receive an error message that an activity could not be removed, go to step 6.

6. Try to configure the BizTalk Server EDI/AS2 Runtime feature again.


Once I had completed these steps, I was able to finish the EDI/AS2 configuration.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ran into that as well, although I manually deleted all the packages.
I also ran into an issue where it was looking for ADOMD.NET version 10 where version 8 was installed, so I installed version 10 manually.

Procurement said...

I ran into this issue today as well. I removed the STandard version from a Windows 7 box and was configuring the Developer Edition.

Thanks as always Kent.
:)

Kent Weare said...

Glad it helped you out Procurement. Thanks for the comment.